This recap is based on the April 23rd, 2020 Regular Meeting Helotes City Council. If you find errors, please let us know.
Helotes News abbreviates “Councilmember” as “CM” in our articles.
Private citizen names may not be spelled correctly and will be updated when the minutes for this meeting are approved by council, if they contain the spelled name. The full address stated on record to Helotes City Council has been omitted in our article. We are only using the subdivision name.
2. Public Hearing to give all interested persons the right to appear and be heard on an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Helotes, Texas continuing a curfew for minors under seventeen ( 17) years of age and over ten ( 10) years of age; providing for a triennial review of the Ordinance; and adopting an effective date.
- No one signed up to speak
Citizens to Be Hears
Andrew Height – Didn’t check-in.
Jeff Felty – Helotes Crossing. Calling about cancellation of brush pickup by C-6. Requesting refund for services not rending. C-6 said will not do a refund. (Mostly inaudible due to teleconferencing IT issues.) Reviewed city contract. Stated City Council needs to pick-up brush, if not, (inaudible).
4. Approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting dated April 9, 2020. (Staff)
5. Approval of the Quarterly Investment Reports for the City of Helotes and the City of Helotes Economic Development Corporation (EDC) for the quarter ending March 2020. (Staff)
- Motion by CM Buys motions to approve both items, CM Holmes seconds. Motion passes unanimously.
Items for Individual Consideration
6. Presentation by Armstrong, Vaughan, & Associates, P.C. and discussion of and action on the Fiscal Year Ending (FYE) 2019 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the City of Helotes and the City of Helotes Economic Development Corporation. (Auditor)
- Slide presentation by auditor based on information in the agenda packet.
- CM Buys, asked questions if City has done anything wrong referencing a slide. Auditor replied, no, lots of information (inaudible) providing information standard format.
- CM Buys, asked about paying back sales tax based on presentation by auditor. Auditor explained payback related to 380 agreements and not lawsuit.
- Motion by CM Buys motion to discuss and take action, Second from CM Blue. Motion passes unanimously.
7. Discussion of and action on an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Helotes, Texas continuing a curfew for minors under seventeen ( 17) years of age and over ten ( l 0) years of age; providing for a triennial review of the Ordinance; and adopting an effective date. (Staff)
- Motion by CM Massey, second by CM Buys. CM Massey thanked staff for inserting the recommended changes she asked for at the last meeting to the ordinance’s final language.
- CM Buys asked if this the three-year requirement was Texas state law? Mayor, stated yes required by Texas law Local Government Code found in the agenda packet.
- Mayor asks council if any further discussion. Technical difficulties encountered and CM Friederichs unable to voice comment during session. Texted staff during Yay/Nay vote. Stated thinks ordinance is unnecessary and votes against it. Motion carries 4 Yay to 1 Nay (CM Friedrichs)
8. Discussion of and action on a Resolution of the City Council of the City of Helotes, Texas approving the terms of an Agreement between the City of Helotes and RX Technology for the provision of information technology services; and authorizing the City Administrator to all necessary steps to implement the provisions of this Resolution. (Staff)
- Motion by CM Buys, second by CM Friedrichs.
- CM Buys thanks Mrs. Mendoza for saving over $14,000 a year through her negotiations.
- CM Friedrichs
- CM Massey found typo, misspelled Helotes. Conducted research on company, states it looks like a good agreement, and a year is a good evaluation for this contract.
- Mrs. Mendoza covered several process management changes in the IT service provides to the city, more proactive, and having weekly on-site support.
- Mayor calls question, contract approved unanimously.
No further discussion or executive session and the meeting was adjourned.